Caverns are underground structures created by means of leaching techniques that are used for storing large volumes of different gases as well as polar liquids.
They are generally used for several decades. During this time it is necessary to ensure full and complete stability and serviceability.
Designing storage caverns is a complex task that demands both geological and engineering expertise.
Our service for you
- Geological surveys
- Geological and geotechnical investigations (lab and field tests)
- Geological (3D) modelling
- Geomechanical modelling (cavern design)
- Thermodynamic modelling (using our software KAVPOOL)
- Leaching simulation
- Leaching facilities
- Leaching operations
- Remote leaching monitoring
- Mechanical integrity and cavern acceptance testing
- First gas fill / debrining
- Storage operational assistance (using our software KAVPOOL)
- Cavern sealing and abandonment
- Blowout contingency plans and supply of emergency equipment (STOREMAN – Storage Emergency Management System)